During USBJI National Action Week, reporters and producers are bound to ask you the same questions:
- What is the Bone and Joint Initiative?
- What exactly are musculoskeletal problems?
- How many Americans suffer from them?
- How much money does it cost our society?
Fast Facts on the U.S. Bone and Joint Initiative
Data on Bone and Joint Diseases
Mission Statement of the United States Bone and Joint Initiative
Suggested National Action Week ActivitiesCorporate/association Involvement
Don't forget to promote NAW in-house. Activities can include:
- Displaying USBJI signage throughout your office and cafeteria
- Updating your Web site to include special NAW section
- Offering health and bone density screenings to your employees
- Organizing after-hour, bone-strenghtening activities and workout sessions
- Sponsoring a raffle where winners will receive free gym memberships
- Schedule activities that will update your faculty and students on current musculoskeletal challenges, as well as members of your local community.
- Invite experts to speak on various bone and joint disorders.
- Partner with other local USBJI organizations to hold public symposium or health fair on bone and joint disorders.
- Disseminate brochures and materials on campus
- Encourage students to share information with family and friends.
- Organize sports activities and races.